Tinnitus "Spikes". What About a Temporary "Tweak"?

Discussion in 'Support' started by HiThere, Apr 26, 2016.

1. HiThere

HiThere Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/1975
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Delivery by forceps? Childhood ear infections?
      I've seen a tinnitus "spike" defined here as a temporary or permanent increase in ringing over a current level. I get those too and are usually induced by loud environments and as such, I'm very protective of my hearing (hyperacusis adds to that as well for me).

Do any of you have a much more temporary "tweak"? I would define the experience as follows:

Out of nowhere, the ringing tone (normally around 7500Hz for me) will dramatically change and often with that the hearing in one of my ears will instantly sound muffled. This normally lasts for less than a minute and then it's back to my normal continuous 7500hz.

It's analogous to someone turning the knob on some sort of frequency sound generator for a few seconds to a minute or so and then turning it back. This only happens to me, the "tweak", perhaps a dozen or so times per year give or take and has happened for many years. It doesn't bother me, it's just weird and surprising. Sometimes the perceived volume of the tweak is much louder than my "regular" T volume.

Anyone else have this?

Chris