Tinnitus Spiking. Then Lowering.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilija, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      This has started to happen recently.
      My Tinnitus gets worse for instance now, then I go to sleep and it gets better.
      Then sometime during the day it gets worse.
      Then it gets better.
      When I don't listen for it and am doing something else I can barely hear it.
      But if I stop and listen to it my ears start feeling full and it starts being deafening.
      Also yesterday my left ear popped, after which the ringing increased, I don't know why it popped.
      Same thing happened today I was sitting on my PC all of a sudden it popped, then the ringing increased, then it decreased.
      5 min later it popped again this time it took about 2-4 hours for it subside.
      I'm not sure but it seems like every time after it pops the Tinnitus itself decreases, or maybe it's just the relief so it seems lower.
      Does this mean my Tinnitus isn't going away? or is it just random?
      Right now the Tinnitus has went from an air sound to a really faint It's not a ring it's not a whistle like a high frequency air, I'm not sure it doesn't bother me.
      Does this mean the Tinnitus is getting worse and becoming permanent?
      on the contrary could it also mean that it's going away?
      It switches from ear to ear at times too, first I had it on the left ear more then in the middle of my head then in the right ear.
      Now it's in the middle.
      Also I don't know if this is due to the cold or not but It's different when I go to the bathroom and it's completely quiet.
      Then my ears feel kinda full and it goes to a turbine sort of sound couple with the faintest left ear ring (might because I was turned with the left ear to the speakers?)
      What do you guys think?
      Tinnitus becoming permanent, brain shaking the Tinnitus off? or just random stuff?

2. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      dont worry about it
      it will only make things worse, you still have a good chance it will go away

3. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I've told ya before man, and I'll tell ya again.. you have got to stop worrying. Take a break from these forums like I recommended before.

I've cut down my visits to like once a day for 5 mins if that.. not thinking about tinnitus will help your tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm not worried dammit.
      I'm 80% sure it'll go away.
      I'm just asking if it's anything special or just Tinnitus being random?

5. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I'm not trying to come off as a prick or anything, but I noticed you've been posting and ranting a lot on TT, don't get me wrong this isn't a bad thing getting it out helps forsure, but it gives me the impression that you just can't seem to get your mind off the T, thats what gives me the vibe that you are worried.

Please don't take it the wrong way man, I'm here for support and we all here know how you feel. From my own personal experience, cutting back on these forums has helped me a lot. The first 2 weeks I was on here literally all day long reading everything, I just couldn't get away from TT (as I've said before its an awesome forum, I'm so glad it exists there is a reason I donated to the site). But for me personally, I've found it extremely helpful staying off of here for the most part of the day. The first couple of weeks I was on here all day long, by week 3 I would be on here for 2-3 hours a day.. by week 4 I'd only be on here for an hour a day or so.. Now I'm at week 5 and I try to keep away from posting or viewing T related forums as much as possible, I'll usually hop on in the morning/before bed for 5 minutes to check out the Potiga (retigabine) progress and then hop off for the rest of the day.

If I get the urge to hop on here, I just force myself to go outside, play a video game (counterstrike is my personal favorite, I know you like League so do that!), or go onto reddit and just read about something else. I go about my day 95% of the time without T bothering me. I don't know if its actually because its gotten quieter (or because my attitudes changed, I kind of hope its the former but either way its awesome).

I'm not here to judge though, I know for some these forums are extremely helpful and they couldn't do without them, they were for me in the first days and if thats what helps you, then by all means. But I feel like staying away is much more beneficial (for me) than being on here and reading about the stuff non-stop.

Plus you said it yourself, in the month that you've had it its gone down by 80% you still have a very good chance that yours will go away completely. I think mines gotten a lot quieter too and I'm so grateful. We are still young, and great progress is being made in tinnitus research right now. Likely we won't have to deal with it forever, but even if we do lets be grateful that ours is quiet. Last but not least, protect your hearing!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just randomly noticed, Redwood California? you watch Sons of Anarchy perhaps? if not you should.
      Anyway sorry for kinda losing it, bad League of Legends match xD
      Anyway I'll try and tone done my visits here.
      I'm just really bored that's my main problem right now, all my friends are off to college, I'm bored of League (2 years of the same game will do that to you) and otherwise both of my main anime are well one's ending the other one's a weekly thing.
      Hit me up on steam if you ever decide to buy Rust (which I highly recommend).

• Like Like x 1
    7. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I actually have rust man, and I totally know what you mean by all your friends being out to college, you honestly sound like you are in almost my identical situation. A couple of years 90% of my friends split out of California off to either the marines, navy, or college. So I'm pretty low on buddies right now but I still have a few close friends luckily.

I actually have rust, PM me your steam ID and I'll add you. Let me forewarn you though I've barely played it since none of my friends play it, so I likely wont know wtf I'm doing lol. Most of my buddies were into DayZ (the mod) none of them play since the alpha came out though.

And sons of anarchy, yeah I've seen quite a bit of it, definitely a good show.