Tinnitus Started When Fitted with Hearing Aids — Struggling with Nightly Rumbling Noise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Charles Pilditch, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Charles Pilditch

Charles Pilditch Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown!
      I first realised that I had tinnitus in July 2022 around the time I visited our local audiology clinic where I was fitted with two hearing aids which were badly needed for moderate hearing loss. It was probably a coincidence that my tinnitus began at the time I started using the hearing aids.

My symptoms were all the usual ones like a siren, music or buzzing. Never too loud or distracting but then something happened which I cannot understand.

I was awakened one night with a rumbling and throbbing noise very much like a central heating boiler working, this was mainly in my left ear while the usually tinnitus noise was in the other - the rumbling noise was worse while my head was on the pillow!

I eventually got up and checked on the boiler but it was not making any noise although it probably had been as it was warm to the touch. This noise is repeated every night at regular intervals and I have checked the boiler on a number of occasion and never have I heard it or any other device which could have caused this noise in my head.

Also, my wife has not heard the noise which makes me assume that it is in my head - I can hardly believe this as the noise is so loud and certainly feels that is emanating from outside of my ears!

Another mystery is that the noise does not bother my during the day when I only get the mild tinnitus symptoms! The whole thing is like a ghost story!

Has anyone experienced such circumstances?

2. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      There is a thing called 'Exploding Head Syndrome' - as science calls it. Look it up online, many youngsters get it - I had it, I named it sonic boom, and wrote about it on a spiritual forum - I shifted it though easy once I learned not to fear it, accept it and some other knowledge... It's a bit like musical tinnitus, like it's being played to you.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charles Pilditch

Charles Pilditch Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown!
      Thanks One-Light. I'll take up your advice and investigate further.

4. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      We all have a spiritual support as in Guides - just ask them if they do this - that's what I did - good luck...