Tinnitus Symptom Questions

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brittany, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Hello! So I was wondering about these symptoms and it's relation to my T. 1) The headaches...they appear in one spot and I have them several times a day for short bursts of time, as if it's throbbing. Rubbing kind of helps, but the relief doesn't last long. 2) Congestion in my ears...it feels like my ears are a little plugged but I don't feel like I've lost any hearing..this is bothersome and I really want to know if anyone else has like problem. 3) Sound sensitivity. This is probably worse than the ringing. Certain sounds seem to irritate and echo inside my head. Running water seems to worsen it. I've actually tested this with the sink. It fluctuates when it's turned on and off. 4) Ear pain at times. This is mostly in the ear that is unaffected by T. It isn't severe, but the soreness is a little irritating. 5) This is a symptom I've dealt with before T, and I'm entirely sure that they're related at all. My neck is usually stiff when I wake up, same with my jaw. I've heard something about TMJ...I haven't done extensive research on this, but this seems to be related with some T symptoms. This could just be my terrible sleep positions and bed/pillow. 6) Ear fluid and a caved in eardrum. I had a lot of fluid and a lot of it seemed to drain, which made my T more manageable. At the ENT a week or so ago, he said a lot of fluid drained and that my eardrum was caved in a little.

So I guess I'm just curious about whether other people have these symptoms. I always hear about someone having one or two of these, but never all of them so I could use some insight :) Thanks, and have a great day~

2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      All sounds T related. Have you had an MRI? I would get one if not. It may reveal why you have headpain. Not to freak you out or anything. Its probably nothing dangerous.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      No, not yet. I'm considering it though

4. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      @Brittany --I've had the headaches --but they were only in the beginning. They were kind of rapid pains across one eyebrow and temple (my left ear--where I have tinnitus). I had the congested feeling but it went away. I had the sound sensitivity to the tv, washing dishes, music, etc. I wouldn't stop washing dishes or turn down the tv and eventually the sensitivity went away too. I never had any ear pain. I had an MRI and I'm fine. My T fluctuates too and is cyclical.

Try not to worry too much--I know how that sounds but even if your T stays, you will be okay. I'm okay. It took time and a lot of support at this great forum and from my doc but I live my life--noise and all. Some days I don't hear it now--I had five days of low T. A first. I don't know if it's habituation or my T calming down--and I don't care really. I just enjoy the low days as much as possible. Of course, it's back like gangbusters tonight but it was worth it.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Thanks Kathi, I was just worried about it. I'm hopeful that it'll go away soon since sound sensitivity and such are worse to me than the ringing itself. :)

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Muscle tension in your jaw can cause the fullness / clicking / popping. This is commonly referred to as TMJ. I think that TMJ is essentially a muscle tension disorder. It makes my ringing worse.