Tinnitus Symptoms

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brad, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Brad

Brad Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2012
      I know that Tinnitus is ringing, buzzing, clicking in the ear however everyone seems to have a slightly different symptom. I am curious as to all the symptoms other people have.

For example I have a ringing in my ear constantly that sometimes seems to fade in the background and sometimes it is very loud and disrupting. However, I also find that there are a lot of times that many sounds affect me kind of like a "nails scraping on chalkboard" affect which I havn't heard or read about someone with Tinnitus reporting.

Watch certain TV changes for example when the actors are emphasizing the "s"'s in their words get really annoying. Anyone want to share all their symptoms or if they have this same type of symptom with the chalkboard affect I would be really interested in hearing about.

2. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      Brad

here is a link to a web page belonging to the ATA (american tinitus association)

you will find 8 sound tracks.... examples of some of the more common tinnitus "sounds" reported by patients

i can assure you there are many many more

http://www.ata.org/sounds-of-tinnitus

make sure your computer volume is turned way down at the beginning of each track

best wishes
      mock turtle

ps

i got hissing, ringing, an 8k wavering pure tone and occasionally a morse code like sound that has a pitch of like kids blowing air over the lip of soda pop bottles