Tinnitus Treatment with Sound Stimulation During Sleep

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Carlos Galiano, Jun 19, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Carlos Galiano

Carlos Galiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      • Like Like x 1
    2. earsnothappy

earsnothappy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2014
      I sometimes use an app called Whist while I sleep. It has helped sometimes and sometimes it hasn't. Though my tinnitus is multiple frequencies and fluctuates between them which makes every day different.

3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      It seems like a good idea, except for this part, "Each night, patients fixed the sound stimulation intensity at the tinnitus masking level ..."

No way in the world would I subject my ear(s) to a volume sufficient to mask my tinnitus. Also, it would not be possible to recreate the noises in my head because they are not the same from day to day. However, I do believe that retraining the brain while sleeping is a viable option for those with tinnitus at a 3 to 4 level or below if they have the same persistent sound. It's certainly worth a try. I listened to audio notch therapy while sleeping and it helped somewhat. Unfortunately, after a couple of months I plateaued and just couldn't stand to listen to it anymore.

• Useful Useful x 1