Tinnitus, Vertigo, Dizziness and Nausea After the Second Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mary in Seattle, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Mary in Seattle

Mary in Seattle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid19 Vaccine?
      I got my second Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in February, and it knocked me for a loop!

I'm wondering if my recent tinnitus, vertigo, dizziness, and occasional nausea are related to the vaccine.

I had a fever and chills about 6 hours after the vaccine, and got extremely dizzy when I got up to try to take some Tylenol and make some hot tea.

About 4 weeks later, I woke up to a similar dizzy feeling, and my ears have been ringing ever since.

I feel a lot of pressure in my ears, and popping noises, and am really struggling to get some sleep. Just picked up some Trazodone from a doctor in Urgent Care, and the pharmacist recommended Meclizine as well (Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy).
      She mentioned that she just had a flight attendant complain of the same thing - also after her vaccine. I'm a healthcare traveler - off for a few weeks - and the tinnitus ramped up after my first flight, 4 weeks after my vaccine. Yoga for relaxation out of the question - my head feels like it will explode. Now avoiding caffeine (well, mostly!) and alcohol, but that hasn't helped. I've never had issues of tinnitus after flying or getting vaccines before this.

I haven't tried meds yet - hoping something works tonight with no side effects in the morning. Sleep would be SO good!

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. VanOlson

VanOlson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic migraine
      It sounds like you may have vestibular migraine. It can cause all the symptoms you're having, including tinnitus. May be worth looking into. Take care.

3. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      I also had extreme dizziness after the first and second vaccines.

With the first shot I woke up with vertigo and it resolved that day.

After the second shot, it started about 11 days later and I have had dizziness since then. I am on my 5th day of steroids, which have helped.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      How are you doing with your dizziness? Have you had improvement?

twa

5. Aryhian

Aryhian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer vaccine
      Hi, mine started two weeks after my first Pfizer vaccine. There are a number of yellow card reports in the UK of this. 15% of people that get COVID-19 develop tinnitus. I am wondering if this is related to the antibodies created by both a COVID-19 infection and the vaccine. Mine started at a low level and has built to extremely loud in both ears over a month and it's constant.

New research published in the International Journal of Audiology, which looked at data from 24 different studies and found an association between COVID-19 and auditory problems. The researchers estimated that nearly 15 percent of people infected with COVID-19 experienced tinnitus, nearly 8 percent reported hearing loss and more than 7 percent developed rotatory vertigo, which leaves patients feeling dizzy like they’re on a merry-go-round.

This does not give an answer on what to do about it. I am working on the theory that the antibodies are adding to inflamation in my body and reducing that: Tinnitus caused by neuroinflammation, new study suggests (audiology-worldnews.com).

6. CBrand
      Wtf

CBrand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a similar situation. Symptoms started to get worse after my first COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna).

My tinnitus started February along with sudden lightheadedness, dizziness and occasion imbalance and nauseous feeling. I have also been having mild headaches above same eye for the the past few months. MRI came out normal and cardiologist said heart is good. Also, I get a very strange sensation throughout body when I rub my arms or legs. The sensation moves quickly through entire body and stops as soon as I let up rubbing. None of the doctors seem to take me seriously. I have an appointment with an ENT in July.

Any thoughts on this?