Tinnitus Worse After Audiology Test / Hearing Aids?

Discussion in 'Support' started by dazraf, Aug 27, 2017.

1. dazraf

dazraf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Hey Guys,
      I noticed over the past few months that I developed tinnitus. I used to listen to loud music at the gym. Anyway it was quite minor and only noticeable in very silent situations when I concentrated on it.

Doctor recommended a hearing test. Conclusion was that I had damaged my ears and could not hear high pitched frequencies anymore [can't remember the kHz]. They also gave me these hearing aids / maskers, that play a pitch that cancels out the tinnitus. They also said that I had a little wax in my right ear.

Anyway I wore the aids in my right ear for about 3-4 hours a week. Its been 3 weeks since the test and my tinnitus has gradually gotten worse - to the point where I cant sleep. My right ear ringing is extremely loud.

I've used olive oil drops in my right ear about 7 drops since the test as well.

My condition was not this bad prior to the test, its 99% worse. Its been a week since I last used the hearing aids.

Is it possible for sounds played at the test / hearing aids to flare up tinnitus and can flares last 2-3 weeks?

:'(