Tinnitus Worse After Opening Ceremony of a Local Co-Working Space :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bill_, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1. loud Concert | 2. loud club | 3. tympanometry
      Hey Folks,

Unfortunately, I’m back :/

After a major worsening 14 months ago (hearing tests at ENT with tympanometry) I kinda habituated and felt good for the last 6-8 months or so. Last Friday I went to an opening ceremony of a local co-working space. There were quite a lot of people so i wore my silicone wax plugs to block out the noise (although it probably was below 80 dB). At some point, after all the speeches had Ben done they started to play some music, not crazy loud, but loud enough to justify plugs. At some point (maybe 15 min after the music started) I checked my dB meter on my phone and it showed up to 98 dB in the very low frequencies, the rest was around 80-85 dB. I left immediately though.

I already felt it might have done sth to my tinnitus but told myself not to panic. The first 1-2 days I wasn’t really sure if it really spiked my tinnitus but now I am. I have a really loud hum (again) that sounds like a refrigerator right in the middle of my head. It wakes me up at night and I feel so exhausted...

I really hope it’ll subside over time...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      It's nearly impossible to go through life and not expect this to happen now & then. You protected your ears possibly preventing your tinnitus from being even worse. Hopefully you'll get relief soon.
      Mike

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1. loud Concert | 2. loud club | 3. tympanometry
      I still just can’t figure out how this can possibly have been too loud for my ears? I mean even if it were up to 105 dB in the low frequencies (which it wasn’t) and even if the plugs only did -15 dB that still means 90 dB for less than 15 minutes. That can’t really damage anything... I am so confused & lost right now

4. zozil_radical

zozil_radical Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise from MRI Machine
      Hey Bill. How are your symtoms these days?

• Like Like x 1