Tinnitus Worse After Showering!

Discussion in 'Support' started by ceauses97, Dec 24, 2015.

1. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      my life is doomed now. I had a very mild T for three weeks straight now and It was getting better after each day. My doctor told me it would fade away soon, and somethimes I could barely hear my T at night, but after showering one hour ago my T sound is very increased!! I can even hear the ringing over the TV now! im so scared that I may have caused further damage to my ears.

is this normal? will my T go back to mild again??

next time i will wear ear plugs while showering...

2. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I worried about this too at first, but I don't believe the volume of the shower is loud enough to damage your hearing. Sometimes my tinnitus will be noticeably louder after a shower but it usually calms down in a few hours. I don't think earplugs are generally recommended for showering :)

My tinnitus cycles, too. It's very mild some days and others is loud and intrusive (like today). I can handle the mild days but the loud ones like today really make it difficult to handle. But I've also only dealt with it for about 9 weeks and am not habituated to it yet.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What else can explain the increase of my T right after showering? that doesnt seem like a coincidence. i hope it gets back to normal soon, cause the ringing in my head is making me crazy. It's so loud right now! =(

4. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Mine is reactive to sound, so certain sounds like the water faucet, television, car radio, road noise etc make it much louder especially during and just after exposure. Maybe you've developed a reactive quality to your tinnitus. How long have you had it?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My tinnitus or the loud ringing? My mild T started two weeks and 4 days ago, the loud ringing 1 hour ago. I can't live like this, a life where i have to wear earplugs so my T doesnt gets worse. What kind of life would that be. I just want silence again... this is really getting me now. I'm only 18, too young for this. =(

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Dave111
      Transparent

Dave111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Makeing music in band and headphone on to long.
      My T is always louder after shower too but thats temporary maybe because our bloodpresure increase i dont know but i know what you meen. My doctor told me two years ago that it will go away too. What do they know?

7. NineNails

NineNails Member

It's simply reactive T.

8. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It could have got louder after driving, waking up, making a cup of tea or falling over. My point is, having a shower didn't do anything. It's just something you did before your spike or increase, so you associate it with the change. The truth is, tinnitus is unpredictable. Even your doctor cant predict with any certainty what will happen. Perhaps it will reduce, perhaps it won't. You just have to wait and see. But do know this. What ever happens it will get easier, and you will cope better. But stop worrying what will happen, and just wait and see. After all that's all you can do.