Tinnitus Worse at Night?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lizzie Grant, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Lizzie Grant

Lizzie Grant Member

I've noticed my T seems pretty manageable throughout the day as long as I'm distracted and there's noise. Especially after I wake up its pretty silent. Even this morning I almost believed it was completely gone because it was finally almost completely silent (despite I could faintly hear it if I listened close enough, but still less noticeable).

I feel like once the sun sets my T gets louder and more annoying and transfers to both ears. It makes it hard to watch TV at night and listen to music. It peaks around like 9 or 10 and stays with me throughout the night. M

aybe I should start going to bed earlier lol But I don't believe anything else such as noise causes it considering I'm not around much loud noise throughout the day. Anybody else?

2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Same here , at night it's the worst and the air condition that use to be my masker doesn't mask anymore , but I tried different sound which is crickets and it helped me sleep

3. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      When I had hyperaacusis for a couple months my T always got worse at night, and not just as a perception thing; it got much louder and more sensitive. I think it had to do with reduced blood flow at night to the capillaries--just a theory.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      My tinnitus seem to get worse and louder when I lay down, doesnt matter if its day or night

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Tha_b_man

Tha_b_man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/2009
      Another common denominator of tinnitus. I think it's just that it's quiet at night with no distractions. I use a pillow speaker that goes between pillow and mattress. Plug in my iPhone and listen to "sleep machine" app. It doesn't mask but gives me something else to focus on.