Tinnitus Worsening After Weed

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hengist, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      2 days ago I smoked a lot of weed and suddenly my tinnitus and heart rate begun to be like double and I felt like I was sick, anyway now tinnitus is less but still like 50% more than usual and it is horrifiying!!!

does anyone have experiance with this, I do not smoke weed "with friends" and share it I smoke a full cigarette alone.

2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Ive had tinnitus for years and smoked weed for years.
      My tinnitus would always get louder when I was high but it would go back down to normal the next day after I slept and woke up sober.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I think it may casue a short term perception ( while you are high ) that your tinnitus is more intense.

I smoke moderately due to depression associted with T....I can't say that I notice a difference in volume/intensity after consumption.

Some people zone into their tinnitus while high, for me it helps take my attention away from it. I feel more like I want to engage in some of the things that I was once interested in pre tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      well I am very sorry that your tinnitus is so strong that your daily activities have changed, maybe you should try NAC that is antidepresant food supplement that both helps with tinnitus and helps you cope with stress.

my issue is that I think that my tinnitus is like 20-30% louder after that high and it has been days

5. mmacabre
      Ape-like

mmacabre Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Since T, I tend to just take a "hit" or two at a time, if I try a whole cigarette of it I'll get a big spike. I think spacing it out makes the spike more temporary.

6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I will look into NAC...thx

I honestly don't think it is the weed that spiked your T. I smoke every other night or so, and it always seems to be the same ol bs T in the morn after a night of smoking.

I guess we are all different, but for me, it doesn't do a thing plus/minus as far as tinnitus intensity....I however may get a laugh or two in after I smoke, very rare for me these days!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      well I am new to this so your system has probably have adjusted to the effect, I am stopping this because mild calming is not worth this 100bpm heart rate and 3 times increase in sound

• Like Like x 1
    8. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      My mind boggles at what your talking about chaps,no way on this planet would I ever attempt to go to that stuff,maybe if I had a terminal illness,and pain,I'd look,as health professionals say it gives patients pain relief same as morphine does,but I no nothing other to its benifit.How I'd like to keep it to.
      Again each to his own,but if it changes your T ,to worse,then give you an increased heart rate,as I've said mind boggling to me all to do with this stuff but interesting,in relation to it and T alone .Maybe my age showing to its use.
      You just takecare

9. Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      Hello friends!
      Well... the issue is that i have had tinnitus for about four years now, and since a couple of months ago, i noticed that like 5 or 6 times a day my T spikes for 30 seconds, and then get back to normal intensity. Does anyone knows the reason ? Does it means that my T is worsening or will ? I am not exposed to loud noises...
      Thank you very much for your comments, god bless you all!

10. SwiftLeo

SwiftLeo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, this is only my experience, but here goes.

I've had T for about 3 weeks now. It's changed a lot. I haven't eaten nearly as much, I quit pot for the first two weeks (well, the 4th day I took a couple bong hits and it spiked like crazy, so I stopped until about 2 days ago), but that might have to do with why I havent been eating as much xD

Anyways, I notice that when I smoke out of my bowl, and just take small hits every so often, it doesn't raise the T much if at all most of the time. If you're smoking joints, try using a bowl instead. Pack it up, take a gentle hit, put it down for a while. Once the effects wear off, take another small hit as needed. I know, before my T started, I would take bong hit after bong hit, literally get stoned asf and not feel much of anything, but I loved it. I stopped when T started, but I can't imagine my life without weed at all... So I guess a little of something is better than nothing at all.

I mean, what I've learned with T is if you think it's louder, it'll stay that way, whether you smoke pot or not. It's all about how you handle it. If you just say "ehhh" and focus on other things, it tends to go down. I mean thats my experience. So if you think weed makes it louder and you get anxious, maybe lay off the weed for a while and come back to it slowly if you're like me and miss that sweet smell and taste. Or just don't smoke at all. Or just get some middies. Hydro is pretty much all I've smoked, but only recently have I realized just how damn strong this shit is xD

Hopefully I helped :eek:

11. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      My T loves cannabis...it just sings and sings its heart out...

• Like Like x 1