Tip #1: Find a Partner...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Caralyn, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Caralyn

Caralyn Guest

...who snores!!

my boyfriend snores so much that it is surreal.

i like the snoring, it does not completely mask my tinnitus if i concentrate on the latter, but somehow it soothes me and makes falling asleep easy. i'm weird i know.

this was meant as half-funny. i can't really recommend you to leave your better half just so you can find a snorer.

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      :)

I like the air source heat pump's noise, it masks tinnitus well and is a fridge-like humming...

3. Svein

Svein Member

I'm a heavy snorer, but my wife says she's used to it, bless her. She's snores a bit herself, and when I wake up in the night with t screaming, it's a blessing to listen to her puffing till I feel asleep again.

4. jon

jon Member

I do snore and my partner said it is a gentle noise, I bet she is louder though. She is also jealous that I sleep so deep. But since I cracked sleeping years ago I can just let it happen really fast. I have maskers and dont wear them so often. I find the TRT theory is not really cutting the cheese, but the devices are great!

Its interesting hearing the focus of the mind on the T is shifted by an external noise and rhythm, that is the basis TRT . I had a really interesting experience Off Grid (no mains electricity, no maskers) and I was dreading it since we were up at 2000 meters high and my inner ears were nuts - the sound of the natural world just absorbed me. But I could actually feel a stillness, a silence, like a hood had dropped from my head. Really interesting, and the T; it was a tool, but thats another story...