To Me, This Is a Duh... Monsanto and Round-Up

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Brianna, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      "We" (partner and I) knew Round-up in vegetables and used on lawns was harmful when we first got wind of it. When added to farm products to allow vegetables to grow with the stuff for a better yield, obviously it was harmful but most lay people either didn't understand the ramifications or didn't want to see it. With blowing winds, if there was an organic farm nearby that stuff could spread easily. But my own push for myself is to try going much more organic and definitely search for GMO-free products. It may not help but I'm giving it a shot.

Here are some statement just on Yahoo/owned by ABC and if I look more, it will show up elsewhere:

The focus is on glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup. Testing has increased in the last two years, but scientists say requests spiked after a World Health Organization research unit said last month it was classifying glyphosate as “probably carcinogenic to humans.”

“The requests keep coming in,” said Ben Winkler, laboratory manager at Microbe Inotech Laboratories in St. Louis. The commercial lab has received three to four requests a week to test foods and other substances for glyphosate residues. In prior years, it received only three to four requests annually, according to its records.

Monsanto is a huge corporation, so they have the ability to keep the real information hidden. Ironically, Round-up is losing its ability to protect weeds (overuse does it), so another chemical is being introduced.
      They wouldn't want the truth to be out there.

Conspiracy theory based? Absolutely not. Logic based ... totally from watching this happen for years and
      being attacked on another forum for even suggesting it. We have many ostriches in our country :) . I'm not one of them.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      Sorry guys for a second post. I have to plan and work my day around when I know I'll have the most energy and how to use it efficiently. There are numerous sources on the internet with variations of this story from the lack of oversight of the FDA (U.S. - Food and Drug Administration that is either understaffed or the fox watching the hens ... don't know but I don't trust them) to what is going on with different viewpoints.

You'll believe what you think is right. And off I continue before I poop out.

3. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Thanks for posting this at a Tinnitus Forum

is Glyphosate a Excitotoxin ? ( like MSG is ) *

Does it cause Central Nervous System damage ? ( like MSG does )

Should those with Tinnitus, or those trying to not get Tinnitus, care about Glyphosate ?

*MSG = the flavor enhancer found in most all Fast Foods ( Mc Donalds Jack n the Box Chinese Food

4. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      It's an herbicide. More information on the National Pesticide Information Center website.

Monsanto has the nickname of "the most evil corporation in the world."

• Like Like x 1