Tonsillectomy (Tonsils Removal Surgery) Made My Tinnitus Very Quiet

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Arturnyak, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Arturnyak

Arturnyak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2014-2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello.

My name is Artur, I am 21 years old, and I've signed up here to share about my experience with tinnitus and how I got cured.

It started in late 2014 , for no known reasons like loud sounds, head injuries, stress.
      It started slowly, once in a month for 10-15 seconds, then week, day, then eventually non-stop.

Type of the sound: It is the monotone sound which appears after a contusion, but If you're familiar with Call of Duty videogame, you will encounter that sound whenever you are flashed/stunned there.
      But other than sound, in the last 2 years I also had non-stop pain.

I'll pass the part where I went to every hospital, every doctor, tried a lot of different usual and unusual stuff, which of course didn't work for over 6 years. And how much it disturbed me to sleep, study or work.

And so here is how I got cured: tonsils removal surgery, I had tonsillitis.

2 weeks passed after the surgery, the sound is very low, enough to ignore and the pain is no more!

It is still confusing, I have no answer, how tonsillitis is connected to tinnitus, even the doctor said: "It may be connected and may not be connected", nothing concrete. Which means tinnitus may have weakened by some other reasons, but coincidentally happened at the same time as the surgery.

That's pretty much it.

This is not a 100% solution and not a call to everyone who has tinnitus to go and remove tonsils, but at least check them!

Thanks for reading and I'll be happy to know if this post somehow helped anyone!

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Informative Informative x 3
    2. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Thank you. I suspect this for me too. Constant sore throats but my tonsils have stopped becoming inflamed.

I think there's bacterial spill over into the blood and inflammatory factors once they're killed. Being so close to the auditory nerve means it gets irritated.

Why enENTsts don't take out tonsils in everyone who slightly complains it beyond me. Seems to solve a lot of problems later in life.