Treating Tinnitus That Is NOT Caused by Hearing Loss, Loud Noises, etc.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Raphael7713, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Is it only me who think that tinnitus that is caused by everything except loud noise exposure should/could be cured?

Depression/stress/anxiety
      Problems with neck/jaw
      Medication
      Tensions
      Fluid behind ears

Personally for me, the causes above, I can't see them cause permanent tinnitus except of damage to the ear by loud music/noises. What is your thoughts on this?

2. Nick07
      Balanced

Nick07 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise or unknown
      I don't really see a difference between if something was caused by noise or something else. I could see a difference between if someone had extreme hearing loss versus someone who hears normally. Imagine the person with extreme hearing loss is a lot more likely to be cured or have improvement when hearing regenerative medicine is finally available. Someone like me who hears "perfectly" may or may not get benefits. That's why it makes me said that most of the research on here is geared towards hearing loss. I wish there would be research on healing the nerves.

3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Well medication can damage the inner ear so i am not sure what you are getting at. I am not sure about the others you have mentioned. I have mild hearing loss and my tinnitus is mild..