Treatment Recommendation, Mind Is Racing (Temporalis Muscle, Forward Head Posture...)

Discussion in 'Support' started by IAmCalifornia, Jul 24, 2017.

1. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      Oof, is my mind ever racing tonight. Doing lots of lurking here on Tinnitus Talk. A few thoughts I am having:

-Is it normal if I press on my temporalis muscle (learned that here!) that my tinnitus gets louder? Like a louder pitch. It sounds common-ish, but most people mention moving their necks, the head or whatnot around, and that changes their sound. Not me. Only pressing my temporalis muscle makes my tinnitus louder. And get this, it's only if I press my right temporalis muscle that the sound changes. If I press my left temporalis muscle... nothing.

-I have always had a really bad posture. I just learned about forward head posture syndrome. Can this really cause this infernal racket? I sit for a long time at computers, and always have had a terrible posture.

Reading plenty on TMJ tinnitus tonight, it has got me thinking, maybe there is a connection.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get something treated. But I don't know where to start. So if I have an issue with my temporalis muscle and horrible posture, who do I go see?

As always, I apologize if I rant...

2. silentnight
      Wishful

silentnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma? Neck... somethings????
      Howdy! Gosh, I feel kind of bad replying to a post from 2017, but just wanted to say that I experience the same thing!

My tinnitus is a high pitched staticky buzzing sound on my right side which gets worse when I press on that muscle, as well as when I stretch my neck to the opposite side.

Hope you found a solution for your tinnitus!

—Best of luck, silentnight