Trial Order

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mpt, Mar 21, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Does anyone believe that the order in which a patient gets a treatment of a trial medication at a particular site influences whether they get active drug or placebo:

say there are 2 patients taking part in the AM 101 trial at a certain site: do you think the site is instructed to use certain vials of medicine on the first patient or do you think they have a box full of AM-101 and they randomly pick out samples to give to patients

my point being, i think that if they are instructed to use certain vials, that the first patient seen might have a higher chance of getting the drug-- thoughts?

2. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi my guess is id find out if its a "double blind" study that means no one has a clue whats going on, the givers and takers :cool:

3. Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      my point is that I would think they would't want everyone at one site to get active drug and everyone at another site to get placebo -- so what I'm saying is if you are the first text subject at a certain site you might have 3/5 chance for active drug, whereas if you were the second patient you might now only have a 2/4 chance of getting the active drug... make any sense?

4. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      it's an independant company doing the tracking so the doctor and the patient don"t have any clue about it.