Trying to Figure Out the Cause of Noise in Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by vad99lord, Dec 8, 2016.

1. vad99lord

vad99lord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, I'm 17 years old and new to hearing problems/tinnitus.

In summer I felt some sort of cracks or pops in my ears, my doctor told me I had liquid in the middle ear. So, after I followed his advice, it seemed that these cracks disappeared. However, after a month I started hearing quiet noise in my ears and then it turned into a quiet high-pitched sound in my right ear. I visited another doctor, who tested my hearing and ear pressure, and he told me that everything was perfect. He prescribed a procedure, but it didn't improve my situation.

I'm an amateur musician and music is The most important thing in my life. That's why this sound and quiet noise really bother me. I rarely go to loud events and my headphones' volume is usually at 15-20%, that's why I don't think that the cause is music. I'm still trying to figure out the cause and soon I'm going to visit the third doctor.
      By the way, I had dizziness and perhaps a high pressure in my head for about a week in summer and for a few days not so long ago. Can it be a problem connecting with vessels?

Thanks for any feedback)

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Vad,

Welcome aboard. Have you had your blood pressure checked lately? Are you on medications? Possible side effects of some meds could include tinnitus. Have you been exposed to any loud noises? Stress/anxiety lately? All these things could be causes.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vad99lord

vad99lord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, I haven't checked my blood pressure, but I'll do if the doctor asks for it. I don't use any medications except some drugs for my throat( I often have a sore throat). I don't think that I have experienced loud music for the last 4 months, just a few parties at a camp, but I suppose that the level was around 90db and I stayed at parties for not more than 2 hours. I do have stress situations now because I'm preparing for the exams to enter a university.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Maybe had a touch of labyrinthitus . ..lots of love glynis