Trying to turn a negative to a positive

Discussion in 'Support' started by BobDigi, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm trying to post on the brittish tinnitus forum but without much success. I know this is a long shot but you never know.

I live in the UK on the south coast. I was wondering if there might be someone who lives near me. If so we could meet up, do something, lunch, bike ride, bowling, anything.

It woulc be nice to meet someone who might be going through the same, or has been through it. Trying to explain it to people is getting boring.

Anyway I'm male, 34, tinnitus for 8 days, trying my best to cope, enjoy riding, anything outdoors, up for pretty much anythkng.

I will try on a few UK sites/groupes, over the weekend, but I thought I'd give it a shot here first.

I live in Fareham. Anyone living in fareham, gosport, portsmouth, southampton, new forest even isle of white.
      Just an idea.

2. Rhea
      Volatile

Rhea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Essex here :)

3. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I'm up North so out of it unfortunately, but I like the idea.

I have never wanted to go to a support group meeting, just not my thing. Getting a few people together and doing something is a lot better. It's good to talk about it to people who understand; in my eyes it's best to do it going walking / biking / hiking or something like that.

Hope you manage to find a few people.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'll probably attend a group just to see if it helps. But I've got a feeling it will be full of older people. But who knows. I'm gonna keep trying to find someone or a few people. I don't want to sit and dwell on how miserable tinnitus is. I just wanna say "how are you coping? Sucks doesn't it? Let's go do something to take our minds off it for a bit"

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      that's a shame. You're miles away. I'm willing to ride a fair distance. But Fareham to Essex would take days lol.

6. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Great idea Bobdigi!! I hope you find someone or even a few chaps. Let us know how that goes!! Good luck!!

FYI- if you ever find yourself in San Diego, California, look me up I'll take you for a surf!!

Jeff

:rockingbanana:

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      thanks Jeff. I'll keep this thread updated. And if I ever end up in San Diego at a loss for something to do. I'll be sure to check the beach out, shouting you name. Cheers mate lol.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Exactly how I feel. To me that's what a support group should be - a network of people that understand, doing fun things.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. bper12

bper12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    10. washashore
      Fine

washashore Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Love this idea. I'm on the other side of the pond from you, but if any T people are in eastern mass and want to meet up for some outdoor activities or whatever, just shoot me a PM.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Good luck finding someone. I thought people would be up for it. It's just gonna take some time to find someone in my area. I'm gonna do it though.