Turning Head and Yawning Causing Electrical Noise/Hiss

Discussion in 'Support' started by StubbyJ, Aug 2, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Greetings.

I'm about 3.5 months in with T and H. As of late I've had a few new symptoms develop. When I turn my head to the right (to the point of slight tension) as if to look behind my shoulder it creates an electrical noise/hissing on top of the T. The noise isn't loud, just "there" and I can "feel" it like other T noises. Yawing at times also increases said noise. My other symptom is general neck pain/tension. This stuff is not cool.

Anyone else experience this? My fear is that my T has turned into permanent damage.

My T was noise induced, but I'm starting think my years of self back/neck cracking has something to do with this.

On a brighter note, my T and H has gotten better, thus easier to deal with. I can at least now sleep and night with minimal issue. However, as many other folks I do get flareups from time to time.

2. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      You developed "somatic tinitus". This happens to sufferers of tinnitus of several etiologies. In many posts you can read about that, so enter in the "search" box "somatic tinnitus".

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Awesome.

4. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      Yeah, "awesome", welcome to our club.

5. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @StubbyJ One thing, though. Don't be hard on yourself regarding your neck and back cracking! I have symptoms similar to yours and have NEVER cracked my neck/back. It's just somatic tinnitus. Like @Dana said, search it here. There is a lot written.

• Helpful Helpful x 1