TV Distortion

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tenna, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      This is one of the things that have been bothering me the most. As im watching the tv, there is kind of a distortion a lot of the time. Ent told me i had no freq loss (on the scale they measure), yet to some freqs there is a replacement (? I think), on some sounds a high annoying tinnitus like freq will be added. I dont recall it being there throughout the entire process, then again in some scenes its there in some its absent.
      Anyone else experiencing this, what is this wizardry?

Prior to tinnitus onset I was quite sensitive to the high freq tv hiss, but this is beyond that and far bigger a nuisance

2. Miguel
      No Mood

Miguel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      About a month ago this was happening to me on a very consistent level. Some frequencies would be amplified and felt they were a lot closer to my ear. But it wasn't just the tv, the radio and other ambient sounds too. I was freaking out. This kept making me check for sounds in my ear fairly often. After a couple weeks I didn't care anymore and just ignored it. Eventually it went away. Recently I still get it from time to time, but not like those couple of weeks. When it does happen I no longer have a negative reaction to it. I think I got used to it.

3. MADMAX
      Wishful

MADMAX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I have the same, not only on TV, but also on radio, fans, etc...I have this for approximately 2 and half months, no changes, just the tinnitus that now I can ear perfectly and at the beginning was bearely noticed. My audiogram and acoustic reflex threshold came also normal. Next month I have an appointment with a otoneurologist.
      In my case I think, my tinnitus was triggered by using headphones for long periods of time...but the strange is the apparently I still have a normal hearing according to doctors!!!!

4. Miguel
      No Mood

Miguel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I think my T was also the result of headphone use for long sessions. I live in an apartment complex and can't use my monitors at night, so I would use the headphones for 5 or 6 hours continuously two or three days a week when I felt like making music on the computer. T came out of nowhere about a week after I stopped using the headphones. Audiogram results came back normal too.

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Harmonic distortion. I've been hearing it for about 30 of my 40 years of T. Mine is a mixture of garbled overtones, mystery sounds. When I have bad loud volume induced spikes it turns into full blown fuzz pedal Jimi Hendrix distortion.

6. MADMAX
      Wishful

MADMAX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I who love music - How can you deal with that, I mean my hearing still is sharp, but was even sharper. Now I feel that a big part of me is lost, I mean, I had and still have to change my life style. I still believe this is bad dream that is going to end... but I'm holding on.

7. Hendre Vlad
      Haunting

Hendre Vlad Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicine , noise induced.
      Best thing is to not watch tv...its only bull shit on it except discovery .srl........ :) hey..but thats just me......

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Jued0713

Jued0713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss I think
      I've been having tinnitus since late March 2016. Very hard to adjust to but that's life I guess. I'm afraid to watch TV. I do from time to time watch movies on my phone or laptop.

9. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      I watch tv on mute......lol