Twist Neck and Volume Rises Dramatically

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sooner Arrow, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Sooner Arrow
      Cheerful

Sooner Arrow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      All...

I've never noticed this before but I was just at the grocery store and was looking down at my phone when someone brushed against me from behind and to the left. Naturally, I turned my head to the left abruptly and the volume of my left ear T increased dramatically and then dropped again as soon as I turned my head forward again.

So I've been testing this for the last ten minutes and the volume goes up in my left ear when I turn my head to the left or right. The right ear isn't affected by this and nodding up/down doesn't cause the volume change either.

I know I would have noticed this before because I always notice the volume increases and multi-tone occurrences. Odd.

Any ideas?

P.S. Also, my T has again been gaining volume for the last 2-3 weeks, which means that that will be the permanent volume as it never subsides again when these periods occur.

2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I'm sorry that your T has been gaining in volume. I'm assuming by your post that you don't experience breaks? At all?

3. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Somatic element of your tinnitus, most people have similar ones. Another common one is that yawning will change people's tinnitus.