UK Members: Have You Written to Your Local MP in Support of the Petition?

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Ed209, Mar 2, 2020.

?

Have you written to your local MP in support of more funding?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I think it would be useful to find out who has sent a letter to their MP in support of the petition, and in what area/s.

Please answer the poll with a simple yes or no answer and then leave a comment with the area you’re from if your answer is yes, or feel free to PM me if you want to remain anonymous.

I’ll create a map of the areas that have sent out letters with the aim of covering as much of the UK as possible.

If you haven’t done this yet then please join those of us who have by contributing in this way. Here’s a link with some tips of what to mention (obviously, ignore the first one) but try to make it stand out by making it personal.

https://www.tinnitus.org.uk/write-to-your-mp

The more of us that get involved, the better, so take this opportunity with both hands and join us.

To find out who your local MP is and their contact details, go here:

https://members.parliament.uk/

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      If you voted yes then please disclose what part of the UK you’re from so that I can map your location and your MP.

If there’s no interest in getting more letters out to MPs then I’ll happily drop the idea. I figured it’s an easy way of raising the profile of the petition by showing MPs across the country what it would mean to us to have increased funding for tinnitus research. We need them to be aware of our cause and the cost that tinnitus is having on the economy. It’s in their interest to act accordingly and I believe we are more likely to sway the debate by lobbying MPs directly.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I guess there’s no interest in pursuing this, but my hope is that many of you have already written to your MPs to express your feelings on how badly funded tinnitus research is and how totally inadequate the current state of care is.

And remember, complaining online in an echo-chamber environment achieves nothing. If you really want to fight for change then you have to make your points known to those who have the power to make a difference.

We are not just doing this for ourselves, we are doing it for future generations so that tinnitus can no longer ruin lives.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I have to admit that I’m disappointed at the response to this thread. With the number of people who are out there suffering terribly with this condition, I figured this would be something we could all get behind.

Sending a letter and/or email to your local MP is such an easy task that requires minimal effort. It would also show how we feel about the current state of healthcare surrounding tinnitus and hyperacusis, especially if we had letters going to MPs across many constituencies. Such an action would have demonstrated great intent and would have supported what the petition had to say.

5. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I sent an email to my MP but never got a reply. I live abroad but still have voting rights.

I did get a reply from one MP on the subject of tinnitus, but it wasn't directly linked to the petition.

• Like Like x 2