Unexpected Unilateral Tinnitus Onset! Maybe from Stress or Negative Pressure in the Ear?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Beulahj, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Beulahj

Beulahj Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, I do have negative pressure in the one ear.
      Hi!!

In late April, I got a high-pitched "hamster-wheel" sound in my right ear. This was at the beginning of COVID-19 so I just dealt with it. Since then, I have seen an audiologist who says I have negative pressure in my right ear. I will be seeing an ENT soon - had a video appointment with her but I want her to look at my ear. My hearing is fine.

Yesterday, I had an entire day of quiet - my first one... since April. But today... it's baaaack! I have been massaging my neck and near my ear and thought maybe that helped when it stopped, but now I'm thinking maybe not...

Anyone have anything similar? Just out of nowhere? I thought maybe it was stress when COVID-19 was rampant in the beginning - but I don't think that was it.

I've tried nasal sprays, sinus rinses, decongestants, antihistamines, ear drops, ear rinses... but the hamster wheel still goes around in my ear... :eek:

Any insight would be appreciated!

2. MartinBC

MartinBC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey there. This really sounds like what happened to me. I was under a lot of anxiety because of my ear pressure feeling (I thought I was going deaf), suddenly, one day, out of the blue my right ear started ringing.

That happened in November and until now I had no luck whatsoever finding out what is wrong with me. I feel discomfort/pain in my ear and have some sensitivity to sounds.

At least I'm not anxious about it anymore. If you find something, let me know.