Unknown Cause Since July, Just Appeared Out of Nowhere...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Reesy, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Reesy

Reesy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I'm 29 and I've noticed this fluctuating vibrating noise 5 months ago.. can't really tell why.

I've read about a lot of people who are musicians that have tinnitus, so I thought maybe that could be why. I go to a lot of music events with loud music.

But anyways, I had an MRI done with contrast, nothing came up unusual. Went to an ENT dr, said my hearing is normal. Told me that a possible reason could be from weight gain. I had my son in April and gained some pounds (more pounds than I would have liked)... and said something about putting pressure on my blood vessels... idk... weird to me but what can I do.

So now I'm dealing with this random vibration noise that goes higher and lower every day. The night I noticed it... I thought someone had their car turned on outside for hours. I was laying there thinking "damn when are they going to turn off their car?!"

How I can describe the noise... it's like when you hear a motorcycle turned on, and you hear the mufflers vibrating noise, but on repeat over and over. That night I got up to use the bathroom... and as I was sitting there, I turned my head back and forth and realized the noise was in my head! I started freaking out and my anxiety was at an all time high.

That's another thing I would like to mention, I have some what really bad anxiety. Here and there I noticed when I'm stressed out the ringing gets higher.

I figured reading everyone's experiences will help put my mind at ease, actually writing this out kind of did. I'm hoping this doesn't transgress as I get older... hopefully it does eventually go away. All I can do is hope. Thanks for listening...

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. RobertFahey

RobertFahey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe sinus infection
      Anxiety and tinnitus feed on each other. If you have a baby, you've got extra stress -- but also a beneficial distraction. I have the same low-frequency fluttering at night sometimes. At first, I went downstairs to check on the furnace, thinking something was awry.

I think we should think of our ears the way we think of our eyes: very flawed. Many of us have such poor eyesight that we can't function without glasses or contacts -- yet we don't stress over it. We accept weak eyes as common human flaws. We should do the same with ears. They're not trouble-free.

3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Sounds like your stress levels are definitely playing a factor in your tinnitus. I would suggest trying to reduce your overall stress with some CBT and possibly medication if needed. Be careful because some medication is ototoxic.

If you continue to go to loud venues, I would highly suggest wearing very good ear plugs and ear muffs to protect your ears for sure. Some on here would recommend that you stop going, but that is your choice. Tinnitus can be made worse due to loud noises so its your call whether you want to take the risk. Some people on here can still go to concerts and be fine while other can't.

4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Did your hearing test go up to 16khz? If not, make sure to get one up to 16khz. Most doctors only go up to 8khz.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma