Update on My Tinnitus After Two Years — Made Multiple Lifestyle Changes

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Wojtek Kalka, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Hi there,

Well I am not online here mostly for many reasons... but just some updates... for those who do not know I have had tinnitus for 23+ years with a big offset some years ago.

After the offset I came to this forum and noticed nothing changed over the last 20 years in
      treatments... and maybe nothing will in the next 20 years...

I wanted to do stem cell therapy but instead spent the money on an apartment and motorcycles :p

I used a masker nearly 24/7 for two years in my ears after the offset - an mp3 player with cicada sounds most often - and I was gaining 10 kilos over two years...

I decided to change my life a bit, eating healthy, learned how to cook, losing weight, doing a lot of sports 5-7 times a week. Lost nearly 20 kilos in the first four months and for the last four months I have kept that weight... running, meditation, stretching, learned how to cook... no sugars at all for 8 months now, no sweets, no chips, and never will touch this junk food ever again...

And yep tinnitus went down a bit over the last eight months, so five months ago I stopped using maskers at all. Sound sensitivity went away completely, I go to loud places with in and over ear protection which takes most noise away...

People think I look funny with the big ear cuffs but who cares... the tinnitus is nearly back to where it was, yes still louder than before but 95% of the time it does not bother me at all...

And life... life was amazing with tinnitus, now with a louder tinnitus and mp3 player in my ear 24/7 it is even better...

And yes it was a LOT of effort and required huge discipline but also a lot of fun and worth every penny...

Meanwhile I met my dream girl in between... so life could not be better even with a 5/10 tinnitus 24/7 for 23+ years...

Good luck to you all and thanks for the fish...

• Winner x 8
      • Like x 6
      • Hug x 1
      • Funny x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. PolarSun

PolarSun Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Well hopefully Neuromod will help people soon but I am so happy you have found your peace. Do you feel like steroids helped you in the long run?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Don't think so, but did not do any harm either.

4. LAnative
      Fine

LAnative Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Thanks for your story.

Did your tinnitus fluctuate a lot the first few years?

I feel like every few months it gets worse for me.

5. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      We apologise for the inconvenience.

• Like Like x 1
    6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A wise decision, wassup buddy? Did you get something faster than my little $4500 ($2500-in-India) bucket of bolts here? ;)
      1d3NEpO.jpg

You know, I wore this damn chicken bone in my beard for YEARS and it didn't help the ringing. Just Don't Panic and know where your towel is, it's the best any of us can do

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      I got a BMW S1000R and a CRF250L :)

• Winner Winner x 1