Upset and Have a Question About Sleep and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Luman, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Hi I'm relatively new to this. When I wake up I get the "morning roar", but this happens even if I wake up after an hour or two to go to the bathroom, but I can usually get back to sleep, thankfully. I spent most of the day doing various things, and T wasn't gone but manageable to some extent, then I did some guided medication body scan exercises a little while ago, leaning back in the bed against the wall, fell asleep for a few minutes, maybe 15 or so, and when I woke up I was back at square one with the T so I took something for anxiety. Usually, if I don't take a nap during the day, my T is considerably better by 10 or 11 PM, but now I spoiled it.

Does this happen to anybody else here? I feel like I'm going crazy. The only thing that keeps me going is that there are occasional evenings when I don't hear it at all for a few hours.

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. Carina

Carina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo withdrawal
      I think T def has something to do with sleep patterns. I've read on different posts about not napping, that makes T worse. Sleeping for 6 hours or more. I still have not found the pattern that allows we a T free day. Sometimes when I wake suddenly the T is there and stays all day.. sometimes if I wake gently with some mindful thinking I can achieve a T free day buy honestly it's a toss up.

I'm taking melatonin and CBD capsules to help with sleep. I'm certain that ambien withdrawal- cold turkey- has caused the ringing but the doctors blame it on stress and anxiety even though I'm on lexapro and feel happy and calm for the most part... I agree that it's a sleep issue but trying to figure your unique sleep pattern to combat the T may be difficult. Good luck

Check out @Tony Phylactou - he has some interesting posts about sleep and T

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Thanks for your responses, I appreciate it very much. I didn't know if others had this issue.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is common for T to "reset" after sleeping. Some people have quiet T in the morning, and it gets louder by the evening. For others, the pattern is reversed.

My T level is independent of the time of day. I do get "bad" days and "good" days. So I guess even in my case sleep can end what I had been feeling all day long (good or bad), and give rise to something new when I wake up.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I start by taking a shower by 1030 to calm down then I take melatonin and 2 tyelynol pm do deep breathing have my fan on usually my T is louder at night it knows when I'm ready to relax and it better in the morning.but lately hear few different nosies in the morning trying to control anxiety for which I did not have until I got T. I'm only three months into it, but is different everyday it moves from left ear right ear from mild to moderate. I'm trying not to go on meds, but it's a hard fight.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1