Using Magnetic Wave Therapy to Help Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Feb 26, 2012.

1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Tinnitus sufferers are always being told to try acupuncture. This is like that but is Electro-Acupuncture or Magnetic Wave Therapy.

See what you think!

Using Aculife magnetic wave therapy and...

Aculife - Acupuncture without needles and the...

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    3. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      i cant find any double blind studies or other relevant scientific studies that indicate this works

what evidence do yo have besides anecdote ?

id like nothing better than to be shown im wrong

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      If you read what I wrote it shows that I only posted it for those wanting to consider it. I have not looked for anything validating it other than the typical suggestion for tinnitus sufferers to use acupuncture.

I did not recommend - only offered it as I found it on the web.

Double blind studies aren't what they should be. That is a long story however, and we are left with medications that are approved by the FDA only to cause more problems which require more medication. Like tinnitus. Many medications and even aspirin can cause tinnitus. Where are the double blind studies on aspirin? And even better, where is the warning on the aspirin bottles that state aspirin may cause tinnitus?

The first question my ENT asked me was if I took aspirin!!

5. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      I watched the first video up to the point about "realigning your body energy". That's was enough for me. Smells like snake oil.

• Like Like x 2
    6. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      calin rote "...I did not recommend - only offered it as I found it on the web.
      Double blind studies aren't what they should be...."

---

i kinda thought that with all the information and references you were offering this up as a possible effective therapy....i get it now... you are not, .....my mistake, i apologize

as for double blind studies, yeah they are often far from what we would like them to be, but the alternative is anecdote which is even more problematic

as for aspirin, in fact, the tinnitus aspirin causes is very often temporary, ie reversible, in the vast majority of cases
      ---
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15143764
      Reversible hearing loss in acute salicylate intoxicationWecker H, Laubert A.
      Source

HNO-Klinik der Universität Witten/Herdecke, Katholisches Krankenhaus Hagen gGmbH. a.laubert@kkh-hagen.de
      ---

or this, half way down under drugs and ototoxicity
      http://www.utmb.edu/otoref/grnds/Tinnitus-030122/Tinnitus-030122.htm
      ---
      after 100 years of use and even more by native cultures that used tea from willow bark it seems to me aspirin works as indicated

but i agree that aspirin should have some warnings on the label

btw, just as a side issue, which you did not raise, but i will because so many people choose paracetamol over aspirin... paracetamol in cumulative doses near or slightly above the recommended max daily dose poses a substantial risk for liver toxicity. ..... in recent years has caused more causes of liver failure than alcohol and a number of others combined !

http://news.injuryboard.com/stronger-warnings-on-tylenol-and-liver-toxicity.aspx?googleid=263884
      Stronger Warnings On Tylenol And Liver Toxicity

by Jane Akre Friday, May 29, 2009 11:02 AM EST

best wishes
      mock turtle

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Ok!

Good to know that the effects may be temporary with aspirin!

I don't take aspirin for even headaches. Once a year or so I may take an Advil. One or two a year is too much for me as it is. I do what Jim laughs at - I realign my energies! lol. Drinking water also helps with headaches. I actually don't get many headaches.