Valsalva Changed Tinnitus Tone to Hiss/Sizzle — Anyone Else with a Similar Experience?

Discussion in 'Support' started by akirakurosawa, Oct 27, 2020.

1. akirakurosawa

akirakurosawa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tympanogram
      I’ve had tinnitus since May 1st, 2020. It was starting to be something that would have 3-4 bad days followed by 1-2 good days. And it would repeat over and over.

I tried the Valslava manuever as demonstrated by Dr. Mandell on this YouTube video:

How to Cure Tinnitus Linked to Eustachian Tube...

Then I immediately felt light headed, and I have had a sizzling in my head that has not quite gone away. It has been a little over a week now, but it is very constant now. Before I would have my good days and bad days. It has all turned into more of a sizzle and/or hiss type sound. I haven’t repeated the Valsalva since, as I have been a little nervous about the new sound I’ve been having. I can’t tell if this is the new normal or what.

I also genuinely can not tell if I should be CONTINUING, and if this is a sign of recovery. What I can tell from all this, is that my tinnitus seems to react to middle ear pressure based on this.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Were there long term changes that happened as a result?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      akirakurosawa

akirakurosawa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tympanogram
      I performed the Valsalva 3 weeks ago, and immediately have been experiencing a spike.

So far I'm going on 3 weeks of consistently louder ringing, and strangely my diet now affects my tinnitus where it did not before. It's always head based bilateral tinnitus.

Trying to not let this freak me out, and if this new louder more intrusive tinnitus is my new normal.

Would love any stories, good or bad, for people who have had spikes this long or longer (and hopefully some where they eventually went down).