Variability of Your Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ann C., Aug 9, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Ann C.

Ann C. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      I know tinnitus affects each of us differently, but I notice how variable my tinnitus is from day to day and I wondered whether others experience this.

My T usually is high-pitched, but some days it's a lower pitch. Sometimes the noise clearly is focused in my left ear, other times I can't place where it's coming from. Yesterday, the volume was low; today, it seems to be louder. I have no idea what causes the changes in pitch and volume.

I've gotten a referral to an ENT (no appointment yet), but I'm cautiously hopeful that they'll be able to identify a cause and provide treatment, but I know that it's possible they won't find a thing. I recently did one of the online hearing tests; it tested your hearing against background noise. My husband did much worse than me; he got a 74, and I got a 94. It was no surprise to him since he's aware of his hearing loss. Luckily, he does not have tinnitus in spite of his hearing loss.

2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      hi. The symptoms you are describing are common in many people who suffer from tinnitus including me.so your not the only one.

• Like Like x 1
    3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      the way I think about my tinnitus changes it more than anything else. Pretty bizarre. This effect is especially pronounced after consuming cannabis, I can turn sounds up and down and on and off just by making various conscious efforts.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Ann C.

Ann C. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      I wish I could figure out a way to manage it better. Right now, it's stuck on high.