Vertigo/Hearing Changes/Head Pressure When Sitting Down?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Coyotesheaven, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      I've been rather inactive on these forums due to worsening health conditions. But here is something I need an urgent solution to or an explanation for:

Back in late march I had a bunch of small, involuntary changes to the position my upper and lower spine it seemed. I do not know what exactly caused these changes.
      All that I know is that it left me with an inability to sit down under almost every circumstance, except when I have to go to the bathroom. I have therefore had to stand up for the past 3.5 months for 12-13 hours a day, and it is horrible.

If I do sit down in any chair or anything other than the toilet, the following happens to me:

1. I first start to feel head pressure throughout my head, but concentrating in the front, temples, and behind the ears. The pressure also spreads to what seems to be my inner ears

2. I then start to get really dizzy or have rotary vertigo, or feelings of faintness

3. My hearing then starts to drop relatively quickly if I am not fast enough to stand up

4. After standing up, my ears will feel funny, sometimes full, and my neck will often hurt.

That being said, anyone have an idea of what is going on? According to what the doctors have told me, nothing is wrong with my cervical spine (I don't know whether to trust them or not). I also suspect high CSF pressure and fistulas as part of the cause, but both have also not been rigorously scrutinized.

I'm beginning to have problems walking and moving around as a result of this problem; and, as you can see, I can't exactly be confined to a wheelchair either.

Please help!!!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds like positional vertigo or another ear problem so I would see ENT to rule things out.
      Love glynis