Very Recent Onset of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark Mandell, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Mark Mandell
      Balanced

Mark Mandell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept. of 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Age and quite possbily work(am a piano tuner)
      Unlike a fair number of those posting here, I'm quite fortunate that this very recent onset of tinnitus has been "benign".

When I consulted my primary care doc a few days after it appeared(as a very high pitched hiss sound which I immediately knew was tinnitus), he recommended flavinoids but I was skeptical they would work and so I didn't take that route.

A few weeks later, I consulted an ENT who I'd seen before for a neck related condition. He cleaned out a wax buildup in the right ear but also made an appt. for me with for an MRI (this based on the very remote possibility of having a neuroma if one ear is afflicted.....mine actually is in both ears as far as I can tell).

The other thing is that mine is intermittent so that there might be two or three days where I'm good followed by it coming back.

I have read encouraging reports about notched sound therapy with white noise so in lieu of wearing hearing aids I decided to acquire a pair of $50 Bluetooth hearing buds in connection with playing a YouTube video notched at my particular frequency. It does take several months for it to work based on a report I read.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014 6:20AM
      I believe my tinnitus was actually caused by cheap headsets. Without noise-cancelling capability, I normally max out the volume to hear the music playing especially when I'm outside. With noise-cancelling you don't have to do this.

I was also into white noise when it started by over time, I kinda accepted it and began to not really think of it at all.

Trust me it gets better in time.