Vibration in Ear from Certain Noises and Places

Discussion in 'Support' started by SonZ, Feb 4, 2020.

1. SonZ
      Wishful

SonZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi All,

Ever since I was in seventh grade (2014) I remember feeling this painless but very apparent vibration in my left ear when the buses would arrive to pick us up. I would hear it from inside. I never was skeptical about it and could have been oblivious of it occurring even before seventh grade. Anyways, I still experience it to this day like when I hear a loud engine vehicle in the distance (sometimes/randomly) or sometimes when a car pulls in slowly towards my house. It's hard for me to explain it because I can't pinpoint whether it's a certain frequency, distance, type of vehicle... etc.

Jumping to my sophomore year (2017-2018) I would experience the same vibration in the left ear in my school auditorium and it would be on the same level as to how I felt it in seventh grade with the buses. I could only feel it when there was not much noise happening though. Again I thought nothing of it because I was used to it and assumed that there was like a bus idling outside.

Currently, I am a senior and still feel the vibrations occasionally with the vehicles and still feel it when I'm in that auditorium. I can also feel it when I'm in a narrow hall like 3 feet. Most recently, three weeks ago to be exact, I felt pressure pushing on my left eardrum. It would occur randomly and the pain was minimal. I got it checked out and the doc told me there might be fluid behind my eardrum that will clear up in a couple of days. Doc was right about it clearing up but then it returned two weeks later but this time it was less painful. I got it checked again and they asked me if I had any sinus problems and I said yes. I told them that my sinus problems dated back since I was in early middle school. I usually breathe through my mouth since I never could rely on breathing through my nose. For a diagnosis, the doc told me that my eustachian tubes were inflamed which resulted in the fluid build-up behind my eardrum. They gave me antibiotics called CLARITHROMYCIN, I've been on them for 6/10 days but I feel like they haven't been effective in opening my eustachian tubes at all so far. Now, I am mainly worried about the occasional vibrations and after doing a lot of research from being a hypochondriac, I discovered things such as TTS and hyperacusis. I am tremendously worried that it could potentially become constant even though I haven't experienced a significant change in the vibrations since I first discovered it. Could the vibrations be related to my eustachian tubes since I've had sinus problems for years? In addition, I have felt an uneven amount of pressure in my ears. Sometimes when I yawn, the pressure will alternate to the other ear. I noticed that the pressure prefers to be in my left ear too. I believe this is also related to the eustachian tubes problem I have. If that's the case I'm praying for a solution after I visit the doc again. Maybe even get referred to an ENT. I just hopes this goes away or at least doesn't get worse.

If anyone can help me with any explanations or recommendations that would be amazing.

This is my first post and I would appreciate any support or help!

Thank you!!!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. JohnDoe8776059

JohnDoe8776059 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      As long as I can remember
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones or genetic
      Interesting, although not exactly like you, it seems I'm experiencing a similar phenomenom, with the same worries of being hypochondriac as well. I'm even around a similar age as you, since I just graduated highschool last year.

You can read my post on my profile, since what you're saying sounds similar to my experiences. I may add on more onto my posting as additional information when I have time.