Vinpocetine — An Honest Opinion

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rahamut Mohammed, Dec 7, 2012.

1. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Just like with the various surgical options being talked about for hyperacusis, this belongs in the "no criteria beyond the word tinnitus" category. We are seriously lacking in the diagnostic department, which is one reason you always seem to see here at TT one person's cure being another person's poison

2. erniej
      Sporty

erniej Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      If my research helps someone, that's all I care.

3. ifilip

ifilip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
      I'm also taking Cavinton. I've taken in for 1 month already, but there's no effect yet... I was prescribed to take it for 3 months, so I will take it another 2 months to see if it will help.
      Good thing about Cavinton is that it has no side effects for me, and the tablets are small enough, so you can swallow them easier.
      Before Cavinton I was taking Betaserc, but had to stop it after 1 week, since it had terrible effect on my stomach. Since day 1 I had a twist in my stomach and it just got worse day by they, and eventually turned into diarrhea. After I stopped taking Betaserc my stomach got better almost instantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      • Agree Agree x 2
    5. Emrik
      No Mood

Emrik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subwoofer
      Hi Sherri, it is so nice to know that a drug is working for you. I see that you live in Canada. Can you tell me how to get that drug in Canada ? Is it available over the counter ? or do I need doctor's prescription? I am not sure if I just go to a walk in clinic and tell the doctor that "I need that drug, please prescribe me"... Not sure, doctor will just do that !! :(

6. suze

suze Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      There is a really good research site called examine.com. where you will find recent research about Vincopectine. It seems to increase blood flow to the brain. For this reason it has been used post-stroke and for certain types of headaches. There are some preliminary tinnitus studies.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      It's not a drug, it's a natural health supplement, so it can be purchased at a health food store, either brick and mortar or online.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1