Vitamin B-12

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by nmackintosh, Jun 5, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. nmackintosh

nmackintosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise ruptured eardrum
      Wondering if anyone has had any success taking vitamin b12?
    2. Sailboardman

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      I take 2500mcg of methyl B12 and a good quality super B complex. I also take a product called OGF, which is original glutathione formula. Among it's other ingredients, it has NAC. I also started taking German E standard Gingko Biloba. It's by Life Extension and is the highest quality on the market. My reason for Gingko, is it is believed, that my right inner ear, lost micro circulation, which gave me severe SSHL, overnight. Gingko has some benefits, for circulatory issues.

You have to experiment with things one at a time, to see if anything improves your T.
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Cityjohn

Cityjohn Member Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Food poisoning.
      No help for me.
    4. Markku

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      B12 (or any of the other B vitamins for that matter) did nothing for me, I've taken 3,000 mg per day (methylcobalamin B12 spray - so high quality and well absorbed). These days 1,000 mg for maintenance.
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. william adams

william adams Member Benefactor

S Jersey
      Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I was taking Ginkgo, Zinc, Magnesium, CQ10, Fish oil, B12, and a few others with no positive results. Only change was stomach irritation. I have read that if you have a zinc deficiency that may help you as for the others I have heard of no positive comments to help reduce or eliminate tinnitus.
    6. Arrojo

Arrojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One too many rock concerts
      Is there a difference in Cyano B12 and Methyl B12?