Voice Vibrating/Too Loud in Left Ear. Low/Bass Sounds Make It Go Crazy.

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnotherProblem, Jun 25, 2018.

1. AnotherProblem

AnotherProblem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Monday, June 18th, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not even sure this counts as "tinnitus", but I figured the term is just used for hearing distortions in general.

I just woke up with this last Monday. I'm not remotely sick. I breathe easily through my nose. No sign of sinus anything.

Anyway, it's as I described in the title. What's weird is on Monday, it went away after I took a shower, only to return several hours later. It remained into the next day (Tuesday) until I went to bed. I woke up on Wednesday and it seemed to have gone. Woke up on Thursday and could feel it coming on, but got out of bed and it seemed to keep it at bay.

But then I woke up with it on Friday, and it has not gone away since. Three consecutive days where talking sounds weird/too loud/vibrating in my left ear and noises are driving me crazy with the way they "activate"/vibrate something in there that is sensitive to sound. Especially low noises, such as the quiet bass humming of the air conditioner or whatever it is.

With the lack of other symptoms, I really think a brain tumor is the most likely explanation. Perhaps a metastasis from some other internal cancer. I've had several weird symptoms that I really thought were paraneoplastic for several months now (outbreak of sebaceous hyperplasia, brown marks rapidly appearing around my eyes, spontaneous linear indented scars on my face). None of the supposed online doctors seem to have a clue about anything.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Before you diagnose yourself with cancer, have you checked whether your symptoms match the condition called Patulous Eustachian Tubes? What you are describing sounds a lot like Autophony (because the ETs are constantly open, you are hearing your own voice and breath, which may resonate throughout your entire head), which is a hallmark of PET.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnotherProblem

AnotherProblem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Monday, June 18th, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't hear my breath. It's only my voice and external sounds causing the problem. As I'm typing, the fan for my air conditioning just started running. Whenever it's running, the ear gets overwhelmed to where it feels clogged.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnotherProblem

AnotherProblem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Monday, June 18th, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Certain frequencies of sound are just killing me.

5. Alex99

Alex99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Look into Tensor Tympani Syndrome. It sounds like Hyeracusis, which is a sensitivity to sound / frequencies. The fact it went away after showering leads me to believe it could also be your e- tubes. See an ENT & Audiologist.

Anyways I have had these symptoms in the past, I believe from TMJD. Which also causes many ear issues such as tinnitus, hyperacusis, inner ear pain, e-tube issues. Etc etc..

An online doctor can't diagnose cancer, obviously, and it's pointless googling. An MRI will rule out anything sinister. See a doc :)

6. Nikkiag007

Nikkiag007 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea
      I have the same exact thing! Did you get any answers?