Waking Up — Weird Thing

Discussion in 'Support' started by rachelfaye, May 1, 2014.

1. rachelfaye

rachelfaye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      february 2014
      When I went to bed last night I was having a miserably loud bout of T. When I fell asleep my dreams were quiet. When I woke up I was startled to have the noises back - like I forgot about this.

Not sure if anyone else has sort of "remembered tinnitus" upon awakening but it was a strange sensation.

Best for a hushed day!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014 6:20AM
      I always wake up without the hizzzng sound and it's almost magical.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yup me too.

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Mine is calmer when I wake up. It never goes away, but no matter how bad my tinnitus was the night before, it always gets better by morning!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Me too. It's a different kind of noise in the morning when I wake up--a ringing instead of an electrical whir. It started after I'd had T for awhile. Before that, it was sometimes almost silent until I got up and around. Makes me believe that T changes a lot in the first few months.

6. Golly
      Bookworm

Golly Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      This happens to me all the time. Usually, I awaken to absolutely no head noise at all (typically in the middle of the night). After I stand up to go to the bathroom, the hissing sets in. Not sure if it's the standing that triggers it, or if it's the regaining of consciousness (or the peeing, or even some combination, for that matter). -Golly

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Looks like I am exactly the opposite to some of you. I usually wake up with T blasting away loudest, something which used to trigger panic attacks on auto mode while I was not even awake enough to reason myself out of an attack. But determined to not react negatively by following Dr. Nagler's advice, the brain just slowly caught up with my will. Now my brain has hardened to the ringing and it doesn't react like the old days. Thanks goodness. Now, as I get busy with things, my brain just fades T into the background and I wasn't aware of it much during the day. But like now typing on T subject, I hear it loud and clear, screaming and resonating in my head. Poor thing T works so hard to get a negative response but not getting it. It has not changed. I have changed.

• Like Like x 3
    8. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      Ever since my T got increasingly worse a few days ago, I wake up several times a night with it being super loud. During this latest night I managed to actively lower the volume by simply "telling" my T to lower. Can't explain it any better than that, but it was quite weird, and worked several times as I woke up. I redirected my brains attention, without having it pay attention to something else somehow :p

• Like Like x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rachelfaye

rachelfaye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      february 2014
      Sometimes when it starts up in the morning (or gets suddenly louder any time during the day) I wonder if it's because I think of it - or if I think of it because it got louder. Which comes first? Sometimes during a quiet time the thought of T pops into my head and I think, "***T - why did I think of it??!"