Waking Up from a Nap or Sleep, Is Your Tinnitus Tonal, Whistling, White Noise, Clicking...?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 17, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      or "electric sounding"? This question is for everyone, but I am also very interested in the people whose T "fluctuates" but then gets louder or softer upon waking up from A) a nap and B) a night's sleep. Also, please state whether your T is louder or softer upon waking. Please be as specific as you can on the sounds they make. Thanks!

For example, if you say "fluctuating whistle sound" instead of just "whistle" that is great.

2. Amber
      Depressed

Amber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1999
      Shouldn't you answer this question yourself too?

My tinnitus is sometimes louder after sleep but most of the time the same as always. Tonal tinnitus.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Mine is a high pitch hiss,
      Sounds like a gas oven on full and wake up to it and remains the same all the time but spikes sound like a big gas leak...
      Lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I can wake up with different sounds depending on the medication I take before I sleep. If I take Lamictal, it may be more static, tonal, and winding. If I take klonopin, it can turn to a louder whistle and some static and electric sounds. If I take an anti-histamine and klonopin, I can wake up to mostly white noise static. If I take melatonin, it sounds like static and electric sounds with maybe a whistle. With an afternoon nap, its kind of random. This has been lately, maybe it will change.

Note: I do like melatonin and have figured out some ways to lower it after waking up.

I am realizing lately that due to different sounds, it takes different supplements and meds to lower them. Hopefully, I can hone in more.