Walked by Construction, Heard Several Loud Bangs — Followed Hours Later by a Reactive Tinnitus Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by NRG21, Nov 11, 2020.

1. NRG21

NRG21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (not noise)
      So I've had tinnitus for about 7 months, just came out of the blue. I've had random new sounds come and go as a result of stress including reactivity.

Today, I was skating by and didn't notice construction going on and I heard several loud bangs that sounded like gunshots from maybe 50-100 ft away. Hard to say how how loud exactly but enough to freak me out. I came home and tinnitus was unchanged and no ear fullness.

Several hours later my reactive sound (beeping over fan etc) came back and another faint old sound.

Do you think this could just be because I've been tensing up so much? As I said, no reaction or fullness or muffled hearing right after.

Thanks so much!

2. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      My opinion is it is physiological, not psychological. The damage reaggravated your injury.

For reference, I have volatile reactive tinnitus that gets louder without fullness or muffling.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NRG21

NRG21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (not noise)
      It's actually already begun to fade back and the sound reaction to noises has faded, so it was probably just a temporary spike. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2