Wearable Noise Generators with Natural Sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marlino, May 31, 2016.

?

Would you buy an invisible wearable noise generator which can play any natural or random sound

1. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Yes but only if under 500€ for two pcs.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Yes, money doesn't matter

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
    1. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi guys,

I'm really struggling with my T. Especially today it just sucks.

Like many others of you I've found that cicada sound helps best to mask my T. Even on low volume it seems to inhibit it somehow, whereas white noise is poison for my ears.

Most time outside I'm good but anyway I would appreciate an invisible wearable noise generator (like an hearing aid) which can play any random sound (e.g. cicadas) in loops and sync stereo and which don't block the ears. Unfortunately I couldn't find a device like that.

I would pay like 500€ for two of those.

What about you, would you buy something like that? I'm working in an electronic company and a little development project would be maybe possible if there is demand.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You can get hearing aids that can play lots of sounds and Bluetooth also.
      I have a friend who uses them and really changed his life.....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello Glynis,

Thank you for the hint. I've already looked on those but they have in my case two disadvantages.

1. Price: several thousands of €€€ for a pair. Its especially bothering if you lose it. I don't need hearing aid function, so don't want to pay for it.
      Even simple WNGs are by far overpriced in my opinion.

2. Bluetooth: is nice but too complicated. Also might drain the battery quite much. I just need the playback of an 5min audiofile in a loop. Thats it. No fancy zen tones neither.