Weather Changes Worsening Tinnitus? Very Cold Weather

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alex Matyjasek, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      Since onset my tinnitus has always been a struggle. I have it for the last 5 months now. Done my best to have a normal life. Far from the truth it hasn't been even close to what I would say a comfortable way of doing things. Yes, I was perceiving improvements but then I would suddenly feel like i'm back to square one.

The last two weeks really cold weather just kicked in. As I'm speaking another cold weather front is entering the Iberian peninsula. My tinnitus has been driving me nuts for the last 1-2 weeks. Normally I could sit in the living room, focus on the TV and after 10-15 hardly notice it. Now I just can't seem to get this rubbish out of my head.

My question is, is it to do with the weather changes or am I just unlucky? I haven't done anything to make this worse. No loud venues, neither earphones or otoxic substances. What could it be? Considering I've had this demontic nightmare for a little less than 5 months (144 days to be exact), is this a sign of it getting worse (just my destiny?) Bad weather? Please some advice. I'm still amazed I'm stuck in this pithole with no way out. The unimaginable... Thanks in advance!

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I'm not 100% sure but I believe cold weather a affects my ears. I've had chronic tinnitus for 3 years now and this winter has been the worst. My ears are a disaster right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      I believe you guys are getting -40C cold weather soon. My ears would literally fall down. Thanks for the reply.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      Only hugs? This is not looking good :(

5. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Yes it's going to be terrible. I can't wait til spring. I hope you do feel better!

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Hey, the same thing happened to me recently. I was just having a glass of wine about 3 weeks ago and suddenly my left ear just went crazy. My left ear was my "good" ear; however now I have loud and almost painful tinnitus in both ears.

I was actually at a point where I thought I had habituated to my tinnitus and I was actually fine but now I am struggling hard. The only thing I can think of is the weather changing recently but I don't know if that really is the case.

7. Brooklyn NY

Brooklyn NY Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 5, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably pepto bismo and aspercreme
      Hi, I’ve had tinnitus for 3 years, and for me, changes in weather, particularly storms, adversely affects my tinnitus. It is always temporary, however. Good luck and try not to let these spikes bother you too much.

• Like Like x 1