Weed and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilija, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      I smoked a moderate amount of weed in the period of a week some 30 days ago.
      It was the first time I had smoked weed, I took a lot of deep hits and smoked probably 4-5 fat joints.
      After that some sounds are louder, I've read somewhere that THC can cause your perception of noise to change since weed stimulates your senses a lot.

How long do you figure it'll take for the THC to completely leave my system.
      If it means anything I'm somewhat far, not really fat but heavy.
      I'm 190cm tall and weigh 100kg, I've read somewhere that I should work out a lot since it helps burn out the THC, I got worried because I saw someone say that THC can be in your system forever, is this true?
      Otherwise as for my general Tinnitus and sound sensitivity, Tinnitus is very low medium, and sound sensitivity is mostly mental on my part as after I stopped using my PC for 2 weeks and came back the sound it used to produce I now hear a lot less since I'm not obsessing over it anymore.

So yeah for all of you veteran weed users how long will it take, is it true that it can stay in my body forever? and that's pretty much it.

Also sorry for being away a lot but while this forum is awesome and supportive it also kinda brought me down seeing so many people going through rough times while I'm trying to not focus on Tinnitus and simply forget about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Just your perception when you are high, that's all. You will perceive it as normal when you are not smoking.

I wouldn't worry about getting it out of your system, you prob have far worse toxins floating around in your body.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Don't think it can stay in your system forever, coz that would mean everybody would return positive drug tests...

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I think it's out for drug screening in a couple of weeks.

5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      By "fat joints" do you mean something like this?...:D

CCUIS9.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Bahahhaha yeah pretty much, and you know I was a noob and smoked like a mf I took like 2/3rd's xD.
      I'm just going to start running or something, sitting on my ass the entire day isn't doing shit for me.

7. No it is not true. Trust me.

Sounds like your sound sensitivity is just anxiety because of what happened while high. You will be fine :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. bictors
      Dreaming

bictors Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      I stop with the weed because intensify the sounds of the environment (i feel more sensitive) and that with tinnitus incresses anxiety.

Hi, i found this in internet.

90 days for hair test.
      30 days urine test (regular consumer)
      4 days urine test (occasionally consumer)

You will be fine just wait.

• Like Like x 1