Wegovy and Saxenda (Weight Loss Medications) — Can They Make Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by marxxx, Jun 10, 2022.

1. marxxx

marxxx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknows
      Hello,

Has anyone had any experience with any of the new weight loss medications such as Wegovy (semaglutide) or Saxenda?

I have had tinnitus for several years and try to avoid anything that could have a negative impact on it.

I keep reading how these new medications are really effective for weight loss as well as blood sugar control. I have multiple underlying chronic illnesses so something like this would be extremely beneficial!

Please let me know if you have any experience with these new types of medications and if it affected your tinnitus (or other ear symptoms).

Thanks!

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Suaimhneach

Suaimhneach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, just wondering if you ever ended up taking either Wegovy or Saxenda? Currently looking at them myself.

3. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      My latest “new” doctor is an endocrinologist. I wanted labs & a 24-hr urine test to see if I had a hormone issue. Everything, including glucose, came back negative. But she prescribed me Ozempic (0.25 mg) weekly injection because I’ve put on too much weight that has been extremely resistant to lose.

I’m just on Ozempic less than a week but noticed my tinnitus is much lower and not reactive. I had the misfortune of having a large tree cut down and removed, horrible loud jack-hammering to remove a curb AND a freaking leaf blower all descend on my condo property yesterday & the tinnitus stayed the same which is beyond unusual. Coincidence? Not sure; I’ll report back.