Weird Computer Working Noise, Morse Code Tinnitus Maybe?!?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Artur, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      So last Tuesday after doing one of the procedures with a nurse to remove ear wax my left ear had a ringing which subsided in the same day, however on the following day before going to bed I heard this computer sound in my head. Now I hear it pretty much all the time, it sometimes goes away and then comes back out of the blue.
      Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

If you listen to the wav file be sure to listen to it at a very low volume, don't want any member getting their tinnitus worse because of some file I uploaded.

Attached Files:

2. WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is way different than all of you , ask me how
      sounds like pulsatile tinnitus

3. Romain B.

Romain B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      @Artur I got exactly the same noise 2 weeks ago ! Did you have a bad cold before ? Did it go away ?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      It did go away and yes i did have a very bad cold and also got my earwax removed around the same time.

5. Romain B.

Romain B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      @Artur that's a very good news ! Did you have serous otitis or sensation of fullness in the ear while this computer sound started beeping ? How long have you heard this sound ? One month approximately ? And at some point before it goes away did you get used to it ?
      Thx so much for your answer ! It made my day seriously

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      I dont know if i had a serious otitis but i did have a pretty strong sensation of fullness in the ear a few weeks on and off until the beeping started. I would say it lasted for 3-4 weeks. I did get used to it but it was pretty annoying in the beginning. I just tried to get busy with life which is a very hard thing to do when you hear a computer working in your head. Also that was my mantra to calm me down. To tell myself this beeping is just my brain working, the mantra didn't always work but it was a useful exercise for me.
      I feel like going outside helped a lot, being home just made me focus a lot on the beeping.
      Hope you get well soon :)

7. Romain B.

Romain B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Thx a lot for your time and answer !! much helpful !! This noise is really amazing, like old computer loading files. Glad to hear it's possible it fade away soon or later.. eventually. Same sensation of fullness.. wait and see !
      Thx again :)

• Like Like x 1