Weird Continuing Beep Sound — Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jackvh, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firework rocket exploded on the ground
      Hey I start to worry about my left ear constantly making sound. It's not loud or anything, I can only hear it when it's quit or if I focus on it.

I'm not sure how to describe it. I might be on the wrong forum but if anyone knows what I'm experiencing, I would like to know what's happening. I'm 17 years old. It was new year and a lot of fireworks.

You know when your ear starts to beep, it's like that but continuing but really quiet. By each sound I hear with my left ear the beep seems to mimic with the sound like if my ear got sensitive to whatever I hear. It's been 4 days right now.

I also experience some sort of headache I sometimes feel close to my left ear. Somewhere around/above the temple (hole in skull).

I think it has to do with the ear problem. I tried explaining it at my best anyone who can help me? Thanks in advance.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Coleoptere
      Alone

Coleoptere Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bell's Palsy, hearing loss
      Maybe consult your doctor and an ENT

3. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      New Year's Eve and Fireworks, sounds like acoustic trauma.

You should get to the ENT ASAP and do a hearing test to see if you got any hearing loss. Even if you not, it can be hidden hearing loss and i would consider to start Prednisone treatment immediately as the time is factor here (it works best within 48h, but even after it do some work). Just remember to tell your doctor about NYE and loud Fireworks.

Also with acoustic trauma you can take NAC, A / B12 / C / D / E Vitamins and Magnesium to help your recovery.

Forget about headphones and loud noises, you have to avoid them during your recovery time. Give your body a chance.

If you want to do this, you have to do it NOW. Time is factor in acute stage.

If you can't get a visit with ENT today / tomorrow, i would go to the hospital and tell them about that acoustic trauma. I think that in every country it's eligible for immediately treatment.

OR maybe it's only a start of an infection or something because of this headache, qualified ENT doctor should see this and decide. We're not doctors here sadly and we can only guide you by our own experience with T :<

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Im on vacation atm. I will when it doesnt stops in a couple of days. im worying i need to know if its something that wil stay for ever or If it wil stop in some time. Anyone who knows what im experiencing?

5. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      T someimes go away over time. Even if not, it might change and become less intrusive.

If you want to improve your chances to get easy off, I advice you to avoid noises that can cause hearingloss, i.e. fireworks, clubs, concerts, loud ear phones (the safest option is to skipp out on the ear phones entierly).

Don't pile on the damage. Give your body a chance to readjust.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the answers. My mom is going to ask an ENT tomorrow. Im not noticing any hearing los. Can i put in earpods to seal my ears from outside noices? Without music playing

7. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      I think that earpods can't seal you from outside noises well, but you can buy earplugs at any pharmacy for practically $1. I recommend 3M and their 1100 model but everything will be better than nothing.

Remember about hygiene with earplugs!

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sure thanks. One thing i notice when i sleep on my left ear(pillow/arm Sealing my ear) the sound kind off stops. But it still makes that mimicing sound when i move my head or if i hear some other sudden loud noise.

9. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      IMO you have suffered a mild acoustic trauma to your ear. You say it is only really noticeable in quiet areas, so thats good. (I know, it still sucks). It has only been a few days, and the ears take a long time to heal. I think you will be fine, but it might take several months or more for your T to sort itself out. My first time with acoustic trauma T (12 years ago)the T was extremely loud, screeching sound with ear pain and fullness, and it faded to zero in about 2 years. protect your ears for awhile, and don't read all the horror stories about T on the web.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the positive feedback! its been 6 days already. I went to a ENT and they told me that my cochlea might be inflamed or something. And been lucky it didnt damaged my first too parts from the ear. The eardrum and that bone part i think. Really getting paranoid for my ears wellbeing. Is it normal that i get like a burn feeling in my brain at the side from my ear its like. A tickling or prickling senastion or something

11. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I know it sucks, but 6 days is extremely early. IMO 6 months from now this will only be a bad memory. Protect your ears from now on

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Okay, sucks that i cant use any earbuds would releaf me from the sound when trying to sleep or chill. Is it beter to put in some ear protection to seal my ear of outside noises? Or wil it heal slower because of the lack from oxygen

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ps: i have to use polvertic pills 2 times a day for 15 days. Think its legit?

14. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      IMO
      Don't use earbuds even at low volume!!!!! Get a noise machine or rain sound app for your phone to mask the T, I think that will help keep you calm. Use foam earplugs for a while when going out to the store or restaurant. Just avoid loud situations for a couple months to let your ears settle down and I think you will be fine.
      Continued use of earbuds with your ears compromised they way they are could make things worse or permanent. Don't chance it

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh Okay il Buy ear plugs. today its seems quiter. Gonna go to the hospital later to check my ears.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whats the fullness i some times feel in my ears? Also have it in my right ear(dont have any T in that ear). Maybe from the pills?(Polvertic)

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jackvh

Jackvh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anyways, thx for the help and the time i really appreciate it. I tested my hearing and it was fine. The doctor told me to ignore the sound otherwise i could be stuck with it forever. Now that i have ignored it for 2 days by keeping me busy on pc or having music playing at the background it almost dissapeard. Now hoping for a full recovery now its almost gone. For ppl who stuggle with this. I suggest, sleep much(gives your brain the needed rest), ignore it by watching something it wil help you from being disctrated from it. If you go to sleep use relaxing music with neural stimulisation loud enough till it masks the T. And importantly be healthy. Eat nuts,fruit drink water or real tea(not mass produced chemical trash) go plenty outside for fresh air avoid loud situations and chemical food and you will be fine. I also recommend using cbd oil it wil help releaf. I also did some research for possible cures for serieus T. By doing acupuncture. Just go with nature and Dont use pills