Weird Ear Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by meeruf, Aug 29, 2014.

1. meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      Hello guys. I get this weird ear pain some times. The pain is like the pain you get when you hit your bones hard in the table and/or tooth ache.

I don't think its hyperacusis. It usually comes after I have been exposed to sound. Like, if I'm in the city. When I come home and it gets silent again, the pain comes.

I also get this pain if I use my headphones. But I don't get the pain when I use some different head phones I have.

I seems like some type of frequencies triggers it. I'm not sure.

Anyone have something like this?

2. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Does it feel like when for instance you've fallen asleep and your ears been pressed against something hard ,but when you wake the boney bit is really painful,and stays painful for ages,but it happens when say just watching TV,all of a sudden it just starts,out of nowhere,but it's so tender to touch,but only in one ear not both.
      My aunt ( with T ) and myself get this pain,never understood why,was going to ask on thread weeks back to see if others got this sudden outside ear pain.
      Just seeing your thread to ear pain grabbed my attention Meeruf,read it out to my husband,he said sounds like what you get.Does this make sense to you .

3. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I was just commenting to my wife that I have some pains like that at times. Don't know the triggers. Made me wonder if my problem could be from ETD, and this is the feeling when I can't properly balance the air pressure.

4. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      You may just have the answer to this pain rtwombly .i think I get blocked Eustachian tubes,Karen mentioned it weeks ago ,plus her balance was off as mine is.how about your balance.? Don't know if Meeruf has this issue,don't think Karen mentioned outside ear pain,at that time,not that I recall.
      I can't even touch ear lightly,me and Karen mention air pressure.,see what Meeruf and Karen think on it ,or anyone else on TT whose experienced this pain,normally it's more in an evening I get it,odd day time.My husbands got T himself but he's never had it.See what comes up.

5. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I get the worse ear pains/aches ever. I was in the ocean yesterday and everytime i came out to dry off i got the worse ear ache..and the wind blowin in it made it worse so i covered my ears up with a towl snd it still hurt!! Went away bout 40 mins later So i was thinkin i may have got water in my ear but i dont think that would cause pain.. Not that fast anyways but i didnt have any water that i knew of and i think it was like the cold ocean water bothered my ears but i was in the ocean a week before and didnt hurt me. Sounds doesnt bother my ears tho but weird frequencies make my morescode spit out so maybe its a type of frequency that you could be sensitive too

6. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      I've had earaches to Grace,when my T first began ,that first winter I noticed the wind hitting my ears began my T off,even to putting in cotton wool it was so bad,this ear pain is on the outside,the bit that protrude out,don't know name for it,but can't touch it at all when I get it,just the one ear,it just all of a sudden is there had this maybe 3 years it's not consistent like every week,I can go say a month then it's there out of nowhere,then I can go on and have it couple in quick succession of times,amount of pain stays the same,me nor my aunt have figured why or what's cause of it.Got to be a name for it,my aunt has Trigeminal Neuralgia,with her T but I've not got that. So ruled that connection out to it.
      If you get a medical answer to your be of interest Grace,maybe you get ear pain as to intake of water in ears,try plugs in and around any water,and you say wind effects your to.Strange all of it is,but very painful I agree.
      Does seem like it's the Eustachian tube,at a guess.Who knows how many out there has this problem.

7. aylp
      Depressed

aylp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Oh, now I found the right corner :)

I have a (very odd) ear pain (not like yours though) that I described as: it sets in a couple of times throughout the day. Imagine the pinna (outer ear) where it connects to the outer ear canal and press your finger just to that connection (it is basically the deepest region of the pinna). Has anyone got this? It does not scare me considering D,F,H, and T that I have but it is odd!