Weird Tinnitus Dreams...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Misery, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Has anyone else had a dream (or nightmare) about T? A few days ago I had the strangest dream, or at least I think it was a dream. It was that whatever was/is blocking my Eustachian tube was about to come loose. It was dramatic, like ice falling off a glacier. My T got crazy loud and high pitched. When the blockage was finally cleared.... near silence. Then I awakened and my T seemed more quiet than usual. Bizarre isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Weird dream indeed.

Interesting though, I never hear my tinnitus in my dreams, nor has tinnitus ever come up as a subject in any of my dreams.

Any others the same?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      I have had T for years and never once dreamed about it. Thank God. Having it during the day is bad enough but at least a little peace when asleep.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Not yet, thankfully:cyclops:

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I'm very much a lucid dreamer, 'unfortunately'. T is present in many of my dreams I'm just not sure what to distinguish as a nightmare, those I've neutralized as I know it's a dream while being in it. But! its rather the constant worries regarding t, which haunts me to a sick extent. If my eaustacian tube were to ..fall out = ) I could probably make make a new one with some glue, bricks and gaffertape, np!

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      No, never, it is non existent in my dreams. BTW, today is my Ts birthday, it turned 6 today already :( bohoooo...

7. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Oh that's right seal, you were one of the T veterans.

Alles das Beste zum T Geburtstag! (...hope I didn't fail here).

Getting struck by tinnitus just before Christmas must've been awful -- though T's timing is never good, and it tends to overstay its welcome. :( But you've now coped for 6 years, and you are going to cope for some years more until we get some proper treatments!

--M

8. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Wow that's pretty impressive Markku , you almost got it completely right, your mom will be proud of your German skills and so am I :)

Thanks for your support Markku and thanks for this community! I'm glad I found you guys. together we will make it until there is a treatment for us all!

• Like Like x 1