Well... Got Really Pissed Off and Now Other Ear Is Screaming.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Am babysitting and this baby is crying and shrieking all day.
      Wearing ear protection because of it. Then husband puts in his two cents on my calming techniques . Well that added to my frustration and now good ear is involved. Yep stress makes it worse!
      Lesson learned no more babies and whining kids,.
      Young parents in this group, how do you cope with interrupted sleep and shrieking? Ok, feel better thank you all.
      Fyi I am a labor delivery nurse, mother, doula and childbirth educator. My husband never had children . If I drank ...I would be drunk right now. Maybe aromatherapy instead. Whew....

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      :) taking care of baby is an art... :p
      it takes years of experience and practice.
      Beer helps me..

• Funny Funny x 2
    3. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I just got my first baby a week ago. The day in the hospital when we got the baby T was very loud. Probably due to lack of sleep and stress. But after that my T has been VERY low. I think it could be because of the oxytocin horomone, which calms the brain. When the baby cries, I sometimes protect my ears a bit, but not a lot. Lets hope this stays like this... :)

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Congratulations on the baby! Would like to talk to you about the differences in birthing, US and Finland.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hey Leah ,I've said to my husband ,how do mums cope with having T and baby crying ,then also having baby's siblings around if any ,take my hat of to them .Coping mechanism must kick in i presume .
      I know how I feel if in a shop etc and kids crying ,I walk out ,but as a mum you can't ,I'd think you must wear plugs more often ,or maybe not,interesting ,as I've mentioned this in past to husband ,and now it's popped up on thread .

6. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      I looked after my boy 3 days a week while also working random shifts for a while (from 9 month old onward). The amount of wailing that kid did right next to my ears while I was trying to comfort him was terrible and I am sure played a part in weakening my ears leading to my later increases in T volume. Keep earplugs in your pocket is my advice.

It is a pretty rough situation to be in 'cos when they are upset you just have to hold them and comfort them. Even though you know it might be causing you damage you cannot help doing it. There's no real answer. You suffer 'cos you love 'em, and you hope for the best.

• Like Like x 1