Well Here I Am With a Lot of People As Well. Where Is the Awareness of This Condition?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by uncle vikin, Nov 18, 2014.

1. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      It seems like alot of the dr's are just not that concerned about tinnitus with all the vets coming back with ear tramma they better get to learning how to help people manage with tinnitus my PCP had to do research on the computer cause he did not know that much about treating it and the ENT docs just say you will learn to live with it . Where is the support!!!! this can be a very serious condition, I have had it since sept. 2014 the most help has been online and support forums thank god for all of us even though we don't want to be here atleast we can relate to each other and we all know what it's like. trying to stay strong
      michael 50yrs old
      Nashville TN

• Like Like x 1
    2. john livingston
      Cool

john livingston Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1974
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      football contact
      That must be the norm " Sorry you are just going to have to live with it" I've heard it enough times to finally believe it. Masking it out with white noise seems to be the safest thing that you could do. I'm trying to find out more about hearing aids that can produce a masking noise. T talk has been a great way to see that we are not alone in our journey for a common relief. If a real remedy were discovered we would all be saved from this hell!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes this site is great. how long have you had T.

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Michale, welcome to TT. Unfortunately T is at or near the bottom of the list for a cure. There are various treatments, but the ENT's that say you have to live with it are right per se, but that does not mean treatment is not out there as you will see as you look through the different forums here.

A of people get angry at an ENT telling them that, but they are just telling the truth right now. It's the industries that do research for a T cure that need to be funded, so further testing and research can be done.

I think ENT get unwarranted disrespect, they are not scientists doing the research, and have little have little if any control over what researchers do.

There are some exceptions, Dr Nagler who is in ask the Dr forum has done extensive work for T treatment, but not a cure. it is beyond the scope of an ENT to actually come up with a cure.

I do feel ENT's should readily have info available of a ENT like Dr Nagler on hand, to give to T patience's when they come to them for T.

Me, I use a masker when the T is really loud.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gary you are right it is just frustrating for us and the researchers docs as we all want a cure but it is a hard puzzle to figure out.Some ents could help us more in dealing with T.It is the casual well you have T no big deal just ringing in the ear well as we all know it is a big deal as we all learn it is sometimes devastating untill hopefully it gets better or we can deal with it better.
      Thanks Gary I see you;ve had it a while hopefully you have gotten to habituate to it
      Thanks for the info. Mike